For those wondering how similar emerging Microservices and API concepts are from the tenets of Services Oriented Architectures (SOA) in the transformation and technology refresh initiatives in the Financial Services Industry take a look at my younger fresh faced self on stage at Computerworld’s Infrastructure event in Scottsdale, AZ on Sept 11 2007. I presented the concepts of a Services Oriented Utility of shared services leveraged across multiple business lines in one of the largest investment banks in the US. This is the result of my efforts as the head of Architecture and Innovation working for the CTO office of the Corporate Investment Bank Technology division, where after 1 year since leaving my 12 years at IBM our team created one of the most sophisticated grid computing and open source powered platforms to rapidly develop and integrate systems, services and data to transform business processes and the way people build and use technology.
- Smart Cars does not a Smart Driver make. | 3 weeks ago
- Interesting to see how the Music and Mail apps use the most battery power #backgroundpowerdrain https://t.co/T716lHbb9e | 3 weeks ago
- RT @hut8uk: Node.js alert: Google engineer finds flaw in NPM scripts: Never assume a file downloaded from the Internet is ... https://t.co/… | 1 month ago
- RT @InfoSecHotSpot: InfoSecHotSpot.com - Install iOS 9.3 to fix serious iMessages encryption flaw twib.in/l/AX65RGLkLn5 https://t.c… | 1 month ago
- RT @SwiftOnSecurity: Basically how rootkits work https://t.co/q1kGbCslyZ | 1 month ago